[SIP-XXX] Make STRDY Transferable within 3 weeks after V2 Launch

I’ve read your reasoning on discord and I do accept, that is why am am asking about a proposal to formalize it giving the time before the token gets transferable. The deadline is just to stimulate the task to be done and also give some “warranty” that the token will be transferable, if the community want it.

If you want to make a separate proposal that’s fair, but it’s probably simpler to just move ahead with the vote for this one if no other proposal is posted within three weeks of V2 launch.

I am thinking to adjust this proposal to make STRDY transferable after three weeks of V2 launch but to create a on-chain vote as soon as possible and do not wait three weeks to vote. No need to create a second proposal.

@pgpsam @Rafael

i’ve edited the proposal so that we shall vote on it and have a conclusion of it within 3 weeks after v2 launch.

since it’s safe to say that we’d still prefer having a liquidity solution prior to the transferability being activated, then i would urge the team / any community member to make another proposal within the same timeframe, ideally before the voting completion of this proposal, for a liquidity solution. so hopefully we will have both proposal passed by then.

the easiest solution would be bringing back the Arrakis proposal some time ago and having the team reach out to Arrakis team for a refresher as well.

2 Likes

thanks @russian_acai , I believe the title need to be edited too, removing the word “simultaneously”

Cool idea but how would this be implemented? In order to transfer STRDY into the LP, it needs to be transferrable, which from my understanding of the STRDY code means either the user is given the auth role to be able to transfer STRDY (so they can transfer all of it) or the transfer functions are just made public so everybody can transfer all of their STRDY.

On the general topic of STRDY transferability, I don’t think it does us any good to make STRDY transferable without adding some utility to the token beyond governance voting. We need something that would make people to want to buy STRDY, like staking for revenue sharing or voting on bribes or something. Without this, we are just allowing ourselves to exchange our STRDY with some of the liquidity we are bringing to the table.

we had the chance of discussing it (and some of us did, me for example) over the past 12 months. now we are at a point the transferability is imo much more importantly if we wanna grow and attract liquidity for v2 with STRDY as incentive to match that offered by launch partners.

it’d be great to have more utilities before token being tradable for sure, but the community collectively threw away that privilege of time.

@russian_acai has been more than 72 hours since the forum post was create. We can create an on-chain vote, right?

As written, it seems like the proposal is designed to be posted 3 weeks after V2 launch. If the intent is to post is before then, I’d suggest editing it for clarity (and giving the community a little bit of time to review/ask questions).

1 Like

Ok, I have no questions.

what’s stated in the proposal is “within 3 weeks after v2 launch”, not “3 weeks after v2 launch”

All the deadlines are over, please someone create a on-chain vote.